Mt. Moriah Faith Statement
- We believe the Bible is the inerrant and infallible word of God.
- We believe that God the Father is the first person in the Trinity.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the second person in the Trinity, Son of God.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is the third person in the Trinity and indwells, fills and seals the believer at the moment of belief (acceptance of Christ).
- We believe the three personages are one God, hence the “Godhead” (Matt. 3:16) or Trinity (Matt. 18:19) are distinctly equal. (Eph. 1:13-14)
- We believe God’s natural attributes include OMNISCIENCE, OMNIPOTENCE, OMNIPRESENCE, ETERNITY, IMMUTABILITY and SOVEREIGNTY.
- We believe His moral attributes include: Holiness Righteousness, Justice, Mercy, Loving-kindness, Love, Faithfulness, Grace.
- We believe in the Virgin Birth of Christ and full resurrection of Christ and Ascension in Heaven.
- We believe man is sinful, on his way to Hell in need of a Savior, in need of regeneration. (Romans 6:23)
- We believe mankind is regenerated by the personal acceptance of Jesus Christ. When mankind believing the claims of Jesus Christ, receives Him to be all that He claims to be, he is “born again”. (John 1:12-13; Gal. 3:26)
- We believe that there are two Church Ordinances: BAPTISM Mark 16:16 LORD’S SUPPER 1 Corinthians 11:23-32
- We believe prayer is needed to advance the Kingdom of God.
- We believe the Bible commands all Christians to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ to all people. (Matt. 28:10-20)