Rev. Gerald W. Brown
Reverend Gerald W. Brown is the Executive Director of the United African American Ministerial Action Council (UAAMAC). UAAMAC is committed to the construction of a “Beloved Community” of justice, equitable access to opportunities in the pursuit of happiness, education, health, family stability, economic development, peace and prosperity for all people. UAAMAC strives for the relief of the poor, and works toward systemic change, economic strength and political power, to educate people about the conditions, causes and eradication of poverty, to prepare our children to be academically competent and socially and morally responsible.
A retired United States Marine of 22 years, he has traveled the world and seen humanity and inhumanity to man. That experience has impassioned Reverend Brown to work toward improving the condition of his fellow man. He is currently serving as the Vice Chair of the San Diego Clean Air Coalition a board member of the CSA of San Diego County (Fair Housing Agency, and the Interfaith Committee for Worker Justice (ICWJ); as a member of Black Men United; as a Veteran Community Mediator for the National Conflict Resolution Center. He previously has served as the Transitional Case Manager/Chaplain for the San Diego Rescue Mission Men’s Center. Also, Reverend Brown is a founding member of the San Diego County District Attorney’s Interfaith Ministerial Advisory Board and a return Lecturer. Reverend Brown speaks before all levels of government on the rights of disenfranchised and marginalized people.
Rev. Brown has served as the Church Janitor, Sunday School Teacher, Bible Class Teacher, Deacon, Men’s Ministry President, Pastor’s Adjutant and the Assistant Pastor. Rev. Brown is competing his Doctoral of Theology.
He has received many accolades, achievements and accomplishments to name a few:
- “Peace Maker of the Year Award” and named a Paul Harris Fellow La Mesa Sunrise Rotary Club and the Rotary Foundation of Rotary International
- Prince Chapel By the Sea AME 2018 “Pillar of Light” Award
- San Diego County Health and Human Services Advisory Board 2017 Community Recognition Award
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation 2017 Award for Health Equity
- National Civil League 2017 Winner RWJF Award for Health Equity
- Kaiser Permanente Community Benefit Foundation 2017 Appreciation Award
- Interfaith Committee for Worker Justice Faith Leader of the Year
- Navy and Marine Corps Medal for Heroism
- American Legion Honor Society of California, Hero of the Year
- American Legion Citizen Medal
Rev. Brown is the proud father of 5 Children, Anntoinette, Jerrica Jake, Joshua and Grace.